Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Greetings from HSF!
Do you know someone pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree? Would a scholarship and support services that include career and mentorship be of help? If you know a friend, family member or mentee who plans to continue their education and hasn’t already applied for a scholarship with the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF), I enthusiastically invite you to reach out to them to encourage them to apply for the 2016-17 academic year.
Our merit-based scholarship awards range from $500-$5,000, and are available for undergraduate and graduate students from all majors and fields of study. Please note that Business and STEM majors are highly encouraged to apply.
Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF): Application Deadline is March 30th
In the last scholarship cycle, HSF awarded more than 4,400 scholarships funded by 100 different companies and organizations. The HSF application allows students to apply for multiple scholarships with one application! Students have the potential to receive $500-$5,000 for the institution and major of their choice. Don’t leave money on the table - the deadline is March 30th!
Eligibility for the HSF Scholarship:
- Must be of Hispanic heritage
- U.S. citizen, permanent legal resident, DACA or eligible non-citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for high school students; minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent) for college and graduate students
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited 4 year university in the fall of the desired scholarship year
- Complete FAFSA or state based financial aid application (if applicable)
How to Apply
- Learn more about the scholarship program. Click here for the scholarship FAQ.
- Prepare recommenders. Applicants must list at least one (1) academic recommender. Unlike other applications, this scholarship application does not require a lengthy recommendation letter. The recommender can fill out our online form in less than 10 minutes!
- Start the application. The HSF application can be accessed by clicking HERE.
Please share this information to members of your communities as HSF is looking for the most talented Latino students in the country to apply!
Other ways to help spread the word: If you have a Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter account, do a quick post. Here are some samples:
- HSF Scholarship Application is open now! Apply Now!
- Know a college, masters or doctoral student? All qualify for an HSF scholarship. Apply now!
- HSF Scholarship application is open to DACA students. Apply Now!
Deadline: March 30th
Thank you! Also, remember to visit HSF.net to learn way that you can stay connected to HSF and help us educate local communities!
Fidel A. Vargas
President & CEO
Hispanic Scholarship Fund